Many people tend to confuse fine hair for thinning or hair vice versa, and some use both terms interchangeably.
However, there is a difference between fine hair and thin hair, and it all boils down to the width of your individual hair strands versus the density of your hair.
Here are the key characteristics of fine hair:
- The width or diameter of the individual hair strands is generally smaller than that of a thread.
- It can be hard to braid or to STAY braided.
- It feels silkier or slippy.
- It doesn't require much product
- It absorbs and holds on to moisture better than coarse or medium textured hair strands.
- However, it is weaker and has less volume than its counterparts
To test if you have fine hair, do the following:
Pluck a strand of your hair and rub it between your fingers.
If you cannot feel it, your hair strands are fine. If you can feel it between your fingertips, you have medium hair. If it feels thick and coarse, then you have coarse hair.
Luckily, we have a range of products that can help fix your fine hair problems and these products are suitable for all hair types, as well as for both men and women.
Our recommendations for fine hair include:
- TLC Naturals Grow It Caffeine Cleanser - a caffeine-rich "shampoo" to add body and weight to the hair.
- TLC Naturals Grow It Juice - a very light conditioning product that fortifies the hair strands and keep your hair moisturised and conditioned without it being weighed down.
Here are the key characteristics of thin hair hair:
- This refers to how much hair you have on your head aka the density of hair strands by square inch of your scalp. People with thin hair or thinning hair are said to have low hair density.
- It is possible to have thin hair with either fine hair strands or coarse hair strands.
If you can see a lot of your scalp when washing, grooming or styling your hair, then you may have thin hair.
Luckily, we have a range of products that can help fix your thin hair problems and these products are suitable for all hair types, as well as for both men and women.
Our recommendations for thin hair include:
- TLC Naturals Grow It Activating Gel - a lightweight serum particularly ideal for those with fine, thin hair.
- TLC Naturals Grow It Intense Serum - this is ideal for those with medium strand medium-strand thin hair.
- TLC Naturals Grow It Hair Cream - this is perfect for those with coarse-strand thin hair